I made this a few weeks ago, as a last minute decision that I absolutely needed at least one more dress for Pennsic. I got most of the bodice done at home, but did all the skirt and finishing while I was at the event. Some in progress pictures here: [link]
The fabric is a moderately heavy cotton that I dyed orange (it was previously white). I ment to go for an deep rusty golden yellow sort of color, but I added a bit too much red. But I am pretty happy with it as a completed dress.
The way I accessorized it is rather more like the Italian 1580's than 1530ish German style, but that's what I had with me at the time. I am really happy with how it came out!
This is yet another dress that I really should add sewn in sleeves onto, since it would be more typical of this style of dress.